Sunday, October 29, 2006

Death to DST

i'm going to get on my soapbox for this post since today is the end of dst. i hate daylight savings time. its not only that i don't want the hassle of changing all the clocks in my house and my car. i don't think that you should be able to lose and gain time in the blink of an eye. other than changing time zones when crossing state lines, time should be constant. that's why it's always on the x axis. i can't believe that indiana is now on DST; mitch daniels, you will never escape my place of hate.

on a more positive note, when i was driving to work this morning, the woman that was being interviewed was part of an organization that was trying to educate the public on why antibiotics shouldn't be used for colds and the flu. i thought that this was a good use of time and money and the posters that they give to doctors offices really put superinfections in perspective. the guy interviewing her asked her where she got her funding, and then said, "but you don't get tax dollars, because that's what everyone asks." and he said it in a way implying that she shouldn't get any. i guess that just means that his tax dollars will go toward paying thousands of dollars for expensive hospital treatment for the poor. i'd rather mine went toward education, but i don't get a choice in the matter.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I understand your DST pain, I miss not having to worry about it! Although it does make me realize I have about a thousand more clocks than I need!