Thursday, March 01, 2007

jungle red

Yesterday i went out to lunch with a friend from work. after lunch, we didn't have anything else to do, so we decided to get manicures. i've never has a manicure, so it was a new experience for me. the first think she said to me was 'what color?' and i really wanted to say 'jungle red' like mary haynes in 'the women' but i just decided to get a french manicure. i was the only person in the salon that had real nails, everyone else was getting acrylics. but i got a hand massage, and she clipped/ripped off my cuticles, and gave me a very nice set of polished nails. i just hope this lasts longer than the usual three days.

4 comments:

Lise M. said...

I've never had a real professional manicure either...what was the difference in cost between acrylic nails and real nails? Would you do it again if it lasts more than 3 days?

Anne said...

it's nice to be pampered. I've never had acrylics either - I think you have to keep going back almost every week. no time, no $ for that!

Catherine said...

hmm... if I hadn't seen Lucy last weekend, I might be tempted to think she is dead.

Lise M. said...

No, she's not dead - just busy celebrating her first wedding anniversary! After that she'll be posting something about that, I'm sure!
We miss you, Lucy!
love, Mom